PlaydoughSo easy and cheap to make your own. It should keep for months in an airtight container.
2 mugs plain flour
1 mug salt
2 Tbs cooking oil
2 tsp cream of tartar
a few drops of food colouring
2 mugs water
Gradually blend the water into the other ingredients in a saucepan. Heat gently, stirring all the time, until the mixture thickens and starts to leave the sides of the pan.
Turn out onto work surface. When cool enough to handle, knead until smooth. When dough is completely cool, place in an airtight container to store.
Lemon Drizzle CakeIngredients
225g/7oz softened butter
225g/7oz caster sugar
juice and zest of 2 lemons
250g/8oz self-raising flour
4 Tbs caster sugar for topping lemon curd
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas mark 4. Grease and line a 1kg/ 2 lb loaf tin.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time and beat in
- Fold in Lemon zest and seived flour.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf tin and bake for 30-40mins until surface springs back when touched.
- Remove cake from tin and, while still hot, pierce the top surface all over with a fork or skewer. Sprinkle the sugar over the top and then gradually pour the lemon juice over and allow to soak in.Allow to cool
- When completely cold, slice cake in two horizontally and sandwich together with lemon curd.
Butternut Squash SoupIngredients
1 Tbs oil
1 tsp curry powder
1 large butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and chopped into 1"/ 2cm chunks
1 tin chopped tomatoes
425ml vegetable stock
1 tin coconut cream
- Heat oil in a large pan and add chopped onion. Cook until soft then add curry powder. Cook for further minute.
- Add the chopped squash, tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 20-30 mins until squash is soft.
- Liquidize the mixture.
- Stir in coconut milk and reheat gently to serve.